Queen Elizabeth II reigns supreme as Brits’ most Googled person this year, beating Johnny Depp and Amber Heard despite their explosive defamation trial
- Her Majesty was searched on average 516,290 times every month this year
- Pirates of the Caribbean star Johnny Depp received 437,490 monthly searches
- Research by CelebTattler analysed Google data of celeb searches since January
The new study found the Queen boasted on average 516,290 Google
The research, by celebrity news site CelebTattler, analysed Google data for over 150 of the most influential celebrities since January 1 2022 to determine which was the most talked about.
Pirates of the Caribbean star Johnny Depp was Googled 437,490 times each month this year on average by Brits.
The Queen, who passed away in September age 96, was the most Googled person in 2022 across the UK according to celebrity news site CelebTattler
Johnny Depp was in second place, with Brits searching him on Google 437,490 times each month this year on average
While his ex-wife Amber Heard ranks third due to hers and Depp’s defamation trial from April to June of this year, with Heard searched 388,680 times per month this year.
Kim Kardashian was fourth (238,170 monthly searches), Oscars punch actor Will Smith – who infamously thumped host Chris Rock on stage at the awards ceremony – is fifth (231,090).
Stranger Things actress Millie Bobby Brown – who grew up in Bournemouth – is the sixth most Googled celebrity of the year in the UK with Brits’ Googling her 228,420 times per month this year.
While Meghan Markle (223,450) is seventh, Twitter boss and Tesla billionaire Elon Musk is the eighth (221,420), Cristiano Ronaldo was ninth (209,540) and pop star Harry Styles, completes the top ten, being searched 208,680 times per month in the UK throughout the year.
Depp’s ex-wife Amber Heard came in third place after she was searched 388,680 times per month this year
Oscars punch actor Will Smith (right) – who infamously slapped host Chris Rock (left) on stage at the awards ceremony – was searched 231,090 times a month
A spokesperson for CelebTattler said: ‘This year has certainly not been lacking when it comes to celebrity news stories, whether it be Elon Musk taking over Twitter or the Don’t Worry Darling behind the scenes drama.
‘This study offers a fascinating insight into which celebrities have had the biggest impact on the British people and it will be interesting to see if these search figures rise or fall in 2023.’
The top 15 most Googled celebrities in the UK per month
- Queen Elizabeth II – 516,290 searches
- Johnny Depp – 437,490 searches
- Amber Heard – 388,680 searches
- Kim Kardashian – 238,170 searches
- Will Smith – 231,090 searches
- Millie Bobby Brown – 228,420 searches
- Meghan Markle – 223,450 searches
- Elon Musk – 221,420 searches
- Cristiano Ronaldo – 209,540 searches
- Harry Styles – 208,680 searches
- Zendaya – 202,640 searches
- Pete Davidson – 202,180 searches
- Emma Raducanu – 177,710 searches
- Rihanna – 144,880 searches
- Kanye West – 142,460 searches